Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Lazer"  


I know that "lazer" is actually spelled "laser," but I think whomever made the decision eons ago had it dead wrong. A "laser" can't possibly inflict as much harm as a "lazer." I'm sure this band had discussed the Z versus S controversy, but their douche bag manager convinced them to go for the S spelling to appeal to the ladies and men with lisps. This is one of the weirdest most amazing tracks ever. I have no idea what the sub genre is (cosmic proto HI NRG?); it is definitely not lazer soul. Whatever it is, at 136 BBP it is highly unlikely that it can be a secret weapon, so I had better make it blog fodder. Right on!

mp3: Laser - His Name Is Charlie

Posted by Joel Brüt | 4 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ "Lazer"


  • January 24, 2008 at 1:59 AM  

    i gotta say i dig your blog. you are truly educating me in disco music! but as of lately i haven't been able download any of the tracks, only listen to them. "no permission to read file" is the message I get from my download manager. do you know what's up with this? -peace


  • January 24, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

    I will check with Black Shag, he is the lord of the internets. What browser are you using?


  • January 25, 2008 at 1:37 AM  

    it should be fine now, give it another try.


  • January 29, 2008 at 3:14 AM  

    yeah, it's fixed now. thanx!