Monday, June 16, 2008

All I Need Is You  

A one off project on the NYC Prelude label, "All I Need is You" is a very soulful, spaced out boogie track. Sad that this was the only release by Starshine as it is such a deep and timeless record. A shout out to P. Skillz and his fine blog, Give The DJ a Break as he posted the vocal version back in April. Featured here is the instrumental which I think I dig just a little bit more as it has a sparser lead vocal as well as a fine female backing vocal that is missing entirely from the mix on the A side. As with so many Prelude releases, the mighty Francois Kevorkian gives his final touch on the mixing boards. This is one of the labels rarer 12"s, so unfortunately you have to listen to a rip off of a very worn copy, but I think the scratches give it a little extra depth.

Starshine - All I Need Is You (Instrumental)

Posted by Magnum | 7 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ All I Need Is You


  • June 16, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

    oh man, this is lovely.


  • June 16, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

    FIRE!


  • June 16, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

    about 4 years ago when i first really started buying disco records, i found the promo 45 RPM pressing of this at a local thrift shop for $.25! it was huge for me and my man Curt when we had 3 regular gigs back in the spring/summer 05. lovely jam.


  • June 17, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

    Thanks for the shout out. Much appreciated.


  • June 26, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

    word to starshine.


  • July 2, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

    I got this twelve when it was orginally released. I edited both sides together as the 12" was a bit short. It was like an updated "Slave" style funk.

    aaah memories.


  • April 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

    thank you so much. craving this track in 320 since I first heard it on Tiger&Woods' RA podcast.

    much love :)

    -keytone