Saturday, May 02, 2009

Scratch (Version B)  


"..its bad enough that you post your boring old records, but when you preface it by talking about your equally boring life thats when I realize that cable internet should be handed out only after a written test or something. Thats my one criticism anyway."

Ouch. Thanks dad.

Indeep had a minor mainstream hit that most of you know, which was .. *google*.. ah.. Last Night A DJ Saved My life.. of course, but the album that track appeared on had a few good tracks. One of them, When Boys Talk, also produced a 12" single, and on the B side of that single were some 'Scratch versions'. In that early mid eighties era scratch versions were seen often alongside dubs, straight ahead beat reprises with small sparse elements of the main tune that you could do your grandmaster flash style primitive wikka wikka scratch routines over.

I'm posting the second of the two scratch version on the B side of this record, it goes into proto techno/house territory when the ambient synth wash comes in..awesome.. anybody want to see more photos of my stereo gear?..no?..ok:

Posted by Black Shag | 8 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



8 comments: to “ Scratch (Version B)


  • May 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

    No comment w.r.t. your dad's reflections but let me say this:

    You post some of the most stellar material around. You are at the top of my blog filter. Keep on keeping on; life's inspirations are not limited to those in your blood lines.


  • May 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

    your dad has no idea....

    and I would love to see your gear! post it! :)


  • May 3, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

    You're a hero. I've been looking on all types of Blogs to find this version of Indeep's jam. Do you have Scratch Version A? Please post that one. My search will then be fulfilled (Happy Happy Joy Joy)
    Now if you have The Alezby Inn (Vocal Vacancy) by Egyptian Lover, then you'll be in the ranks with all the X-Men


  • May 3, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

    I have the Alezby Inn 12", signed by E-Love himself. I will post it soon!


  • May 3, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

    wow, what a gem.
    it was nice the other day talking about south american new wave and the unfortunetly 80's anti-disco society in Chile. trying to change things...
    see ya.


  • May 14, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

    Hey, love your blog and selection. In fact I have used this indeep one on my show in Australia last night and gave you props ;)

    Sam


  • May 18, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

    Your a legend! Gems all the way.
    M


  • May 28, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

    i've had this track in my queue of songs to post forever, but just keep putting it off. don't let all those nice people's comments make your head too big. you're still a jerk to me.