Sunday, July 19, 2009

Space  


This picture is actually an old boss of mine as a kid in southern california during the height of the space race, all tooled up and ready to fight communists on the moon. he had it on his facebook page, I didn't ask his permission to use it but then I don't think he has much of a taste for deep cosmic disco anyway and the chances of him happening upon it posted on BE should be slim.

I'm getting ready to head to Europe on Tuesday and didn't think to record enough tracks this weekend to post up whilst I'm away, but then I haven't done my laundry or watered my plants yet either so it will have to go to the back of the to do list.

I was at a record store near San Jose last week and came across this Space 12". I like the Space album that everyone knows that has Magic Fly on it etc well enough, I'm not the biggest cosmic disco nerd in the world, but the Carry On, Turn Me On 12" is probably their finest, rarest and most sought after work. Made in France in 1977 it sounds like an Air record twenty years ahead of it's time, but a little funkier. This was famously sampled by Moody Man to great effect, although in it's own right it was already a slab of perfect house.

Posted by Black Shag | 4 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Space


  • July 20, 2009 at 2:40 AM  

    AMAZING PICTURE + AMAZING TRACK
    Thank you!


  • July 20, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

    Hello,

    First of all I want to thank you sharing the useful information and music here.

    I also have a different request about these Electronic/new Age tunes here:

    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mvu0hjrg1yd

    It's a long time I'm looking for the composers or names of these tunes.
    Just listen please and let me know if you can recognize any of them.
    They should be composed during 80s.

    Best Regards,
    Maestro.

    PS:Just track no.12 is recognized recently so omit this from my wish list please.


  • August 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

    http://www.tinymixtapes.com/RIP-Andy-Parle-former-drummer-of


  • June 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

    LMAO @ you stealing the picture. Goes well with this track which is superb! Thanks!