Sunday, June 23, 2013

I Want To Feel Your Love  


 I didn't find this one at a thrift store or swap meet in San Francisco, I'll be real for a minute, I bought it on ebay.

 There now thats out of the way, we can all move on. As with (nearly) all the afro funk in my collection, which I love, I had to yearn for it over many years before finally succumbing to the fact that I was never going to pull it out of a box in some California backwater, suck it up, save my pocket money, and buy it off a Nigerian dentistry student living in Frankfurt.

 Oby Onyioha was the daughter of a West African spiritual leader, His Holiness Ogbaja Kama Onu Kama Onyioha, prophet of the Godian faith. Which isn't something you hear every day.

 These tracks are taken from her 1981 LP, 'I Want To Feel Your Love'.

Oby Onyioha - Enjoy Your Life

Posted by Black Shag | 7 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ I Want To Feel Your Love


  • June 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM  

    Enjoy your life is a JAM!


  • June 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM  

    Great find. Many thanks for sharing.


  • June 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM  

    Nice! "Enjoy your life" is also featured on VA - Off Track vol 3 Brooklyn compiled by Kon & Amir.


  • July 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM  

    These African boogie tracks are such a treat man, I don't know how I'd ever come across this otherwise. Thanks so much!


  • July 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM  

    Thank you so much for this and every bomb track you post! Some of your posts have become my favorite all time songs.

    This particular song was an Ebay item I was outbid ($200+ / different artwork) on a couple of years ago.

    Again- Thank you sir.

    BTW- those BT Magnum edits are great!


  • December 21, 2013 at 6:28 AM  

    God i can't stop listening to this two Oby Onyioha tracks, it sounds like a mix between nostalgic sadness and groovy hope.

    Ones of my favorite songs of this page.

    Deep Thank You, You tug at my heartstrings with these pearls.


  • January 22, 2014 at 7:58 AM  

    Thank you so, so much for your blog. So much great music I feel like I've been searching for my whole life without knowing. "Enjoy Your Life" is perfection!